Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can anyone recommend good music blogs that focus more on the artsy, esoteric, and academic?

I used to read websites like Pitchfork and Stereogum religiously, but I've long since grown tired of wasting my time reading about bands whose rise in popularity had more to do with their stage demeanour, anti-establishment ideology, connections with Sufjan Stevens, etc., than with the actual music itself.





I know there's a world out there that values knowledge of music theory and psychoacoustic properties over say, the ability to namedrop C86 and Elephant 6. What kind of blogs or websites would someone like David Byrne visit on a daily basis to stay informed?





P.S. Not trying to sound like a pompous jerk, honest. Just being direct about what I'm looking for.

Can anyone recommend good music blogs that focus more on the artsy, esoteric, and academic?
here's a list of music blogs.





http://hypem.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment